Football Gear for Social Change:
RSF is the distribution partner for Soccer Gear for Zambia (USA). Gear is usually sent from the US in July and arrives in Zambia around January.
We work with partners, civic officials, foundations and other charitable organizations who share a vision to create change and a focus on three of the seventeen of UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive, equitable quality education; promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
The quantity of gear and items collected varies from year to year. RSF invites requests for gear in July. Requests for gear outnumber the volume of gear we are able to distribute. RSF uses a review process to determine what items approved applicants will receive. We prioritize organizations that meet at least two or more of the following criteria:
- Certified NGO in Zambia
- Activities that support UN Goal 3 – youth wellness
- Activities that support UN Goal 4 – quality education
- Activities that support UN Goal 5 – gender equality and empowerment of girls
How Can We Participate?
The form has three sections:
- Questions About Your Organization
- Questions About Your Activities
- Questions About Equipment
Forms are due in July. Applications are reviewed by a panel and approved requests will be notified in October. Gear typically arrives in January.
A fee of 500 kwatcha is required to cover distribution and handling. Approved organizations must pay the fee prior to receiving gear.
For questions about gear requests, please contact RSF at firstname.lastname@example.org.